Key Alcohol Facts
- It is the Number One disease burden in the U.S.
- 182 million Americans drink and 32% of them say they drink too much.
- The loss in productivity from alcohol is $232 billion annually.
Alcohol and Acetaldehyde Articles
- Acetaldehyde In Alcohol: ‘Hangover Chemical’ May Be Overlooked Risk Factor For Cancer
- Interrelationship between alcohol, smoking, acetaldehyde and cancer.
- Glutathione deficiency leads to oxidative stress which is very detrimental to health.
Alcohol consumption and its subsequent metabolism create a byproduct called acetaldehyde which is 30 times more toxic than alcohol. Glutathione levels are severely depleted leading to oxidative stress. It is theorized that glutathione and other antioxidant enhancement may prevent or minimize the symptoms of hangovers and improve their health and well-being.